Friday, July 12, 2013

The monsoon has started

Thursday, July 10.2013.
This was the look outside my office window that morning, the sky looked like a lot of days in our home in Clinton Tennessee, we had a house on the Clinch River and every evening we saw the fog roll in. I loved that time of day. When I looked out Thursday morning I remembered those days. For us in the middle of nowhere Arizona it meant that "perhaps" we'd finally get rain, we've been in a drought for years . Sure enough after a while the rain began, by Tennessee standards it was laughable, it did not last five minutes and could not be called a downpour. But we were grateful to get the dust out of the air. I had heard thunder which was so much nicer in Evergeen, Colorado where we lived at 8200 ft. there it was THUNDER, but still it was better than nothing. I hoped for lightening and the noise of booming thunder, oh well, hope is a good thing. I knew we'd get more rain later, after all we need it, the East had more than their fair share and they didn't need it at all. We needed it to put some big fires out, but nothing. Of course here in our town it can rain up on the hill where we are and not downtown or the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment